Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Leishmaniasis



    I am going to post corespondance and pictures with a new friend from Canada Marc. He may have been bit by the same sand fly , in about the same place. On my left part of my face just under my eye. He started dealing with Cutaneous Leishmaniasis about 10 months after I started dealing with my C.L..
   I felt It was important to inform Marc what I learned, Here is my first text Middle of October 2022.


I met your friends at Ginny Springs today. I am just recovering from Cutaneous Leishmaniasis. Mexicana type sandfly on a bite that was close to my left eye . I have been to experts such as Mayo Clinic, etcetera,  I will call you tomorrow. I have seen a picture of you and it is similar to what I have.  You are going to get a topical if I have to send you mine. Paromomycin 15% ointment. Be careful with ambisome , I also had 2 rounds of Miltefosine. Look up Dr Harry Goldin in Skokie , IL.  I am driving to Chicago tomorrow so I will call you then

No comments:

Post a Comment